18 February 2011

kitsch



I've been making lots of trips to the thrift store lately, and mostly, I've been coming home empty-handed.  I'd like to think this is because I'm becoming incredibly choosy about what I bring home.  It's more likely, though, that our neighborhood Goodwill has become a little too popular and picked-over.

I did manage to snag a cute kid-sized quilt the other day, though, and while it's a little kitchsy in a Seventies sort of way, it has the handmade charm of something that someone worked hard on.  And besides--I kind of like kitsch.

Especially when it comes with a Holly Hobbie print for the backing.


There are a few repairs to make, but I think they're things that even a novice like me can handle.   Besides it will give me some more practice before I start tackling a quilt of my own.

I've got knitting on my to-do list for the weekend, though.  And pizza-making.  And Girl Scout Cookie-eating.  And maybe some laundry-doing.

Or maybe not.

The weather forecast in these parts is looking pretty dreary.  If you're like me and looking for some color and excitement, here are a few sweet things for your weekend:

confetti packaging via Oh Joy!
and oh my gosh can you believe there's a new wedding line from the Anthro folks?

Happy weekend to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment