08 October 2010

stash


With holiday knitting around the corner, I'm taking stock of my knitting assets, namely, the yarn stash.  With so much to see--and, um, buy--at the yarn shops, it's easy to forget about all the lovely stuff I've already got squirreled away.  I'm determined to use this knitting season to thin out my stash a bit.  Like the media will never tire of reminding us, "times are tough, recession, economic disaster, etc."  It's high time that I figure out how to work with what I've got.

Having said that, I have to confess that I made this resolution yesterday, and managed to break it by this afternoon.  It's not my fault.  I blame the yarn.  I picked up a skein of Tahki's Montana, and then found that I couldn't put it down again.  It's big and soft and almost entirely unprocessed.  It also smells a bit like sheep.  It took me awhile to notice this detail.  The cat, of course, picked up on it right away.


Unlike some things that follow me home from the yarn shop, I actually have plans for this acquisition, but as they involve Christmas presents, I'll have to wait until the new year to share the details...

I'm going to spend some of tomorrow sorting through jars and jars of yarn.  If there's time after all that, I might make a batch of granola or bake some bread.  Maybe you've already got your weekend planned out, too.  If not, here's a to-do list to get you started:

Spoil your sweet tooth.
Make a new friend.
Be awesome for Halloween.
Start quilting.
Eat more muffins.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your blog for months, being continuously impressed by you. But this past weekend (even before reading this post) I tried my hand at homemade caramels and they turned out fantastic. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete