18 January 2011

small wonder



I don't think I've been incredibly productive lately.  With that in mind, even minor achievements seem incredibly important.  Among those small victories--poaching an egg for the first time, rediscovering the surface of my craft table--this little lady is a real coup.

The last time you saw her, she was just a scattering of pattern pieces from Hillary Lang's Wee Wonderfuls.  Now, she's a doll.  My first doll.  And while she's certainly not perfect, I'm pretty sure she won't be my last.

I did all of the work with hand stitching, which seems a little extreme, in retrospect.  Also, I used cheap acrylic felt, mostly because I was convinced that I needed more practice before committing to "real" wool felt.  Now I wish I'd just taken the plunge...

Hillary's pattern is called Tag-a-Long Doll.  While that name seems nice enough, I've decided to call the doll Girl Scout, which reminds me of several nice things.  Including cookies.

I'll admit, I'm not sure what to do with her next.  I don't really know anyone who needs a doll right now. Maybe I'll just put her away for awhile until someone comes along.  I'm sure she can wait until then.  She looks like a patient doll.  Don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I love her! yes she does look like a patient doll. :-)

    ReplyDelete