28 January 2011

truth



So here's the thing:  I've kind of been holding out on you guys.  This fancy new sewing machine showed up at our house over a week ago, and I haven't mentioned it once.  Maybe that's because I still haven't gotten up the nerve to do anything but fill a bobbin and thread the needle.  I think I wanted to do something amazing with the machine and then tell you about it.  I'm realizing now, though, that I really just need to turn the darned thing on and get comfortable with it.

I think this is the weekend for it.  The weekend forecast is rain and I don't have anything better to do.  Besides, if I don't get to work, my partner-in-crime might sweep in and start sewing up a storm, and then I'll just be jealous.  I have to admit, he is more mechanically-inclined than I am, and whether I like it or not, a sewing machine is--by definition--a machine.

A machine that I intend to master.

If you haven't already decided which project to tackle this weekend, here are a few ideas to get you started:

a coaster-making video tutorial featuring Lotta J's lovely accent
something adorable to inspire your imagination

1 comment:

  1. Be careful, it's addicting! I can't wait to see what you whip up! :)

    ReplyDelete