11 June 2010

on the move

To those of you who have suggested that living in one place and hosting a big party in another place--one that's, say, two thousand miles away--might be a challenging business:  You were right.

But there's no going back now.  Various boxes and packages have been shipped ahead.  The bags are (mostly) packed.  Our flight out is the day after tomorrow, and once we hit the ground, the days are really going to start flying by.

The next time I write to you, it will be from the scenic flatlands of Ohio.  I'll keep trying to post three times a week, although, at this point, I'm not prepared to make promises.  I'll be around, though, because there are still plenty of things to tell you about.  The food, for instance.  Assembling our favors.  Last minute thrift-store shopping.  Oh, and we still don't really have a ceremony at all, so there's that.

I'll see you all on Monday.  In the meantime, maybe this will get you into a party mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment