02 July 2010

dullness

It's true.  I've been in a little bit of a funk these past few days.  I can't help thinking of the phrase a friend of mine mentioned recently: "post event dullness disorder."  That pretty much sums up how I feel.  The fireworks are over, the party's been packed away, and now it's just daily life again.  I've been wandering around the house, unable to decide what to do with myself.

And yet.  My man asked this morning, "Is this still the honeymoon?" And yes, husband.  Yes, it is.  There are still new things, small and sweet things for us to discover and enjoy together.  And there is a marriage now, which is a big, slow thing that will take me a long, long time to really wrap my brain around.  In short, the party isn't really over.  In some ways, the fun's just getting started.  It's a different kind of fun, though, and harder to sum up in punctuations of confetti and pinatas.

In the meantime, I guess I just need to recognize that I'm feeling the way I'm feeling, that there are some perfectly understandable reasons for it, and that my dark little mood will pass soon enough.  I'm trying to calm myself with good things, like the socks I finally finished:



And the extra time I have to catch up on recent posts at Souris Mariage and A Practical Wedding.


And the fact that the little bean plants on our back porch are blossoming:




Oh, and the fact that we're having pizza for dinner tonight.


Because is there anything better than pizza and a beer to remind a girl to sit back, relax, and enjoy the waning days of her honeymoon?

No, I didn't think so.

I'll be back on Monday, friends.  I promise I'll try to work out my kinks and cranks before then.  In the meantime, happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The socks are wonderful! I wish I could knit socks. I just got back to reading your last. . . oh about 5 posts (been a little busy!) The wedding was wonderful, loved the white animals on the tables! And the Fireflies and lightning ended the evening beautifully! And yes, I love to see your craftyness and suggest you continue your blog (you are a great blogger too) perhaps just once a week would make it less stress and more enjoyable for you!

    ReplyDelete