16 August 2010

shifting


I'll admit, there have been times when I wasn't sure we'd ever get to this point, but we made it after all.  The wedding is over, the second reception is over, and unless that belated honeymoon actually happens this winter, we're probably not going to be referred to as "the newlyweds" again.  I might be okay with that; I haven't decided yet.

Now it's really time to pack things up, ditch the piles of wedding magazines, and start organizing the photo albums.  That part I am ready for.  My craft piles--along with all of my other piles--have been much too messy for much too long.  It's time for a fresh start.  And maybe a really big garage sale.

Some things I'm not as anxious to pack up and put away.  My wedding dress, for one.  I wore it again last weekend and was reminded of just how much I love it.  And honestly, just enough people asked me whether or not it was my wedding dress that I think I might be able to pass it off as a really, really great party dress sometime soon.


And while we are packing some things up and moving other ones out, there are also some new things in the house to make room for.  And plenty of thank you notes to write.  Fortunately, my man has us covered there, with sweet little notecards that complement our invites and all the other fantastic paper goods he's cooked up over the course of the past year.


I'm excited for all of this.  The housecleaning.  The pageturning.  I'm looking forward to taking the time to sit down and thank all of the family and friends that have played a part in our Summer of Love.  And I want to thank you, too, once again, for sticking with us through all of the fun.  I don't know about you all, but with the wedding and all of its trappings officially behind us, I can't wait to see what happens next...


No comments:

Post a Comment