30 March 2010

other places to go

Now might be a good time to introduce you to a few of my new favorite wedding blogs.  I don't know why it took me so long to find them, but now that I have, I'm kind of hooked.  I know that I'm always sending you to sites like Once Wed and Martha Stewart Weddings.  There's good stuff there, and I'm not about to give either of them up.

What I really love, though, are the bride blogs.  Call me self-centered, but I like the idea of a woman using a blog as a sounding board, a confessional, and a kind of diary as she cobbles together "the most important day" of her life.

If you're intrigued by that, too, then take a look at Souris Mariage.  Mouse is planning a September wedding in Arizona.  In the meantime, she's treating us all to her witty, down-to-earth observations on wedding planning, some beautiful photos, and weekly peeks at real weddings.  She also hosts an awesome resource list that ranges from "How to Find an Ethical Jeweler" to "How to Make an ipod Reception Playlist."

And if you're feeling, um, peculiar, try The Bowie Bride.  Please be forewarned, this is not for the faint of heart.  The Bowie Bride isn't pulling any punches.  She's fun and maybe a little mouthy and I think she's a pretty good time.  She and her man are getting hitched in L.A. in July, and they are doing it in style.

If questionable language and risque photos aren't your cup of tea, though, then you should skip right ahead to A Homegrown Wedding.  Lindsay and her fiance are planning a June wedding and they are personally tackling nearly every detail of the day.  Anyone who makes her own wedding invitations is a woman after my own heart.

No two brides are alike, and so, of course, neither are our blogs.  I hope you enjoy peeking at these three works-in-progress.  One of the sad truths of bride blogs is that they rarely outlast the wedding.  Hopefully, these three keep flying after the big day.  I can't wait to see what these ladies do next...

No comments:

Post a Comment