13 May 2010

giving thanks




Something exciting arrived in the mail today.  Something small and lovely for my bridesmaids.

How do you thank someone for being a bridesmaid?  For being a beautiful, talented, and funny young woman who's agreed to help you walk down one of the most exciting paths of your life?  Oh, and for also being your little sister?

I'm not sure; I'm still trying to figure that out.  One piece of it, though, came today from Erika at Yellow Wallpaper Handmade, all wrapped up with a nice little bow and a handwritten note from the artist herself.


Of course, I can't show you what's inside.  You never know who could be reading, can you?

Instead, let me share this, the sweet little wooden tag that came along with each handcrafted item:


The tag was made by Roberto Sand.  You can see more of his work at his Etsy shop.  I'm especially taken with this sample wedding invitation.

I'm excited about my package from YWH--thanks, Erika!--but I've still got some work to do.  My maids are some special ladies.  I hope I can find a way to sufficiently thank them for being a part of this crazy day in June...

No comments:

Post a Comment