04 May 2010

the polls


Our RSVP postcards asked--politely--for a reply by the 1st of May.  There are still a few of them out there in the universe that haven't come back yet, but I was prepared for that, and I'm certainly not panicking.

What I have been a little anxious about, though, are the results of the multiple choice question we posed to our potential guests.  Along with asking folks how many people there will be in their party, and whether or not they're vegetarian, we also asked them to tell us which couple they'd most like to see us embrace as romantic role models.

Here are the standings so far:

Romeo & Juliet haven't gotten any votes at all.  That's alright; I'm not sure they really deserve anything.

Only one vote so far for Sid & Nancy.  Again, maybe that's for the best.  Those kids didn't exactly make the best life choices, either.

Jim & Pam have edged ahead--by just one vote!--of Princess Buttercup and Westley.

And, of course, Ma & Pa Ingalls are headed for a landslide victory.  I'm biased, naturally, but I do think they're the best choice.  As one of our beloved respondents pointed out, "They love each other and are a realistic couple!"

If you've been reading, you know that I'm already cultivating a Ma Ingalls-like serenity.  All my man has to do is grow out his beard and learn the fiddle and we'll be set.

There are still votes coming in.  I'll keep you posted of any significant new developments.  In the meantime, here are a few of my favorites from the write-in candidates:


If you haven't voted, now's your chance.  Feel free to comment below...

3 comments:

  1. haha, that's such a cute idea! i think i'd have to be in the princess buttercup and westley team :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you deciphered CSNY. you know who's idea that was and all because of the song. We listened to it while filling in the RSVP card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since your sister replied for us on her invite (because I wanted to keep ours intact....) can I vote now?
    I like Frog and Toad - we used to read the books, remember? And plus, they were inseparable friends, like you guys.... :)

    ReplyDelete